The Coronavirus pandemic is far from over. With the new strain of Covid-19 threatening humankind, it is a blessing to be alive. This year, New Year resolutions, especially for weight loss, took a backseat. People were thankful just to be safe and healthy…to be alive.
Weight Loss Techniques in 2021
Those wanting to lose weight realized the folly of crash diets and how it harms the immune system. So, they are more into eating healthier than not eating at all.
Weight loss plans for 2021 have taken a paradigm shift. People, no longer, want to starve themselves to lose weight. They know the importance of eating to keep their immunity at the best.
Yet, with the lockdowns of 2020, many people saw themselves accumulating more fat than ever thanks to being locked inside their homes doing almost nothing,except eating, sleeping, and watching TV.
Worry not. If you are one of them, here is the ultimate weight loss plan that will promise to trim your fat and give you a healthier outcome.
But remember folks, this year the buzzword is “immunity,” not “crash diets.” You need to take more care about strengthening your immunity while burning fat. Don’t forget, the virus is lurking around.
1. Eat Healthy
Weight loss starts in the kitchen. No amount of exercise would do you well until and unless you eat a healthy diet. And healthy does not mean eating a fat-free diet. Gone are the days when fat was regarded as the demon.
The thumb rule of weight loss is to burn more than you eat. If you burn less, i.e., if you lead a sedentary diet, eat less. Fat is nothing but the unburned calories deposited in your cells.
So, to lose weight, your objective should be to burn more than you eat, or eat less than you burn.
Eat more protein and fat, eat less carbs, says a latest research.
2. Eat Foods That Make You Feel Fuller
Protein-rich foods are some of the best weight loss foods. They make you feel fuller for longer. This eliminates the need for you to grab that bag of chips or eat something between meals. Moreover, as per dieticians, when you skip protein or do not take enough fat, or have a zero carb diet, your body craves sugary foods, which can be counter-productive in your efforts to lose weight.
So, have a hearty meal that contains a balanced proportion of nutrients. Avoid sugar cravings.
Make sure you have enough dietary fiber. It helps in digestion, boosts your metabolism, and makes you feel satiated for longer.
3. Do Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent Fasting (IF) is the buzzword of 2021. The most attractive part of IF is that it does not restrict your calorie intake or the choice of foods. It simply features a time frame of eating.
Diet Plans for Intermittent Fasting
You can do IF through any of the following ways:
- The 16:8 diet – you eat within a time frame of 8 hours and fast for 16 hours. This is highly popular.
- The 5:2 diet – you eat unrestricted 5 days a week. You eat only a quarter of your daily calorie requirement the remaining 2 days of the week.
- Eat Stop Eat diet – This diet was propaganded by Brad Pilon who authored the book “Eat Stop Eat.” It features fasting for 24 hours and then eating. However, this diet may not suit all.
- Alternate-Day Fasting diet – This is similar to Eat Stop Eat. It involves fasting on alternate days.
- The Warrior Diet – It features fasting for 20 hours and eating in a time frame of 4 hours. Sounds quite tough!
Please consult a doctor before starting any kind of IF diets.
IF is found to boost metabolism and retain muscle mass due to non-restriction of calories. It can decrease body fat by upto 16% and body weight by upto 8% within 3-12 weeks. Results vary in individuals.
4. Simply Move
What’s the best weight loss exercise? Simply moving your body! Most people believe sweating in the gym is the only way to lose body fat. They work out in the gym for a couple of hours daily and then spend the whole day sitting!
It is the set of simple movements throughout the day that keeps you trim and fit. Let’s have a look at the simple movements:
- Climbing stairs. Do you know running up and down the stairs and moving around can burn 240 calories per day?
- Parking your car a little away from the office entrance so that you can walk.
- Standing up and stretching after every hour of computer work.
- Walking, jumping ropes, cycling, and swimming.
- Taking your dog for a walk.
- Doing household chores. Yes, even ironing counts! Do you know doing daily laundry and ironing burns 700 calories per week?
5. Eat Weight-Loss-Friendly Food
You may fast for 16 hours successfully and then, when the clock strikes the 17th hour, you eagerly sit to eat.
But what do you eat?
If you load yourselves with all the junk food in the world, then even your 16-hour fasting may not give desired results. Besides, eating too much processed food may make you lethargic and tough for you to fast.
Eat smart. Choice of food matters the most.
List of 15 Excellent Weight-Loss-Friendly Foods in the World
- Apple cider vinegar for fat loss
- Boiled potatoes
- Whole eggs
- Salmon and tuna
- Chicken breast
- Leafy greens
- Cruciferous vegetables – cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and brussels sprouts
- Beans and legumes – kidney beans, black beans, and lentils
- Soups (without the cream)
- Cottage cheese
- Nuts and seeds
- Whole grains
- Full-fat plain yogurt
In addition, you can sip some best weight-loss-friendly teas.
List of Weight-Loss-Friendly Teas in the World
- Green tea
- Herbal tea
- Black tea
- Puerh tea (Chinese black tea)
- Oolong tea (traditional Chinese tea)
- White tea
The beauty of the above foods and teas is that they help to lose weight and, at the same time, boost immunity.
So, what are you waiting for? Time for action. Start your ultimate weight loss plan for 2021 today!