Are you still feeling guilty about that cup of coffee from Starbucks that you picked up before work? In that case, you should stop feeling the guilt because coffee benefits for men are known far and wide. With International Coffee Day right around the corner, the international coffee day hashtag is now more popular than ever, and you will find Instagram and Facebook flooded with pictures of coffee lovers with their favorite cuppa on that day flaunting this hashtag.
You will be surprised to see that coffee is a go-to beverage for a variety of moods; whether you are feeling low and need a quick re-energizing, or if you are just stepping out for a good time with friends at the neighborhood café, or simply to wake yourself up every morning. The caffeine in coffee is a stimulant which is why coffee benefits for students are so widely marketed. The best part about this drink is that there is something for everyone; the range is impressive and you can choose from instant coffee, filter coffee, cappuccino, Americano, latte, etc.
1. You will be pleasantly surprised to learn that coffee can actually make your smart and boost your energy levels. If you have had a long and tiring day at work and wish to unwind, a cup of hot coffee can work wonders. Caffeine in coffee works as a stimulant and this is by far the most-consumed psychoactive substance. Once consumed, caffeine moves to the brain and blocks the adenosine neurotransmitter. This consequently improves dopamine and norepinephrine which triggers more neuron firing. This is why coffee can improve your moods, memory, energy, response times, and overall mental wellbeing.
2. Did you know that drinking coffee can actually help you burn fat? It is proven to have this effect and this is because caffeine is present in all commercially-available fat-burning supplements. Caffeine boosts metabolism in coffee drinkers and promotes burning of fats. So, maybe you should grab a cuppa before heading out to the gym! Caffeine is known to boost adrenaline levels; it produces fa0tty acids and can improve your physical performance.
3. Nutrients in the beans contain riboflavin, manganese, potassium, pantothenic acid, niacin, etc. Each of these nutrients is beneficial making coffee-drinking a healthy habit that should not make you feel guilty.
4. Coffee is also known to reduce the risks of Type 2 diabetes. According to research conducted by a scholar from Harvard, when you drink coffee regularly, diabetes risks are lowered by almost 9%. The diabetes patient is unable to utilize insulin and this is why his blood sugar levels spike uncontrollably from time to time. But coffee contains chromium and magnesium which enables the body to utilize insulin properly and thereby keep blood glucose levels in check
5. Coffee drinkers will also be relieved to learn that coffee benefits people suffering from liver issues. According to researchers, coffee contains protective properties preventing cirrhosis and non-alcoholic fatty liver problems.
6. Coffee is by far one of the best known sources of antioxidants and surpasses other popular sources like cranberries and tea. Antioxidants can help fight free radicals in the body and keeps cardiovascular diseases and cancers away.
7. Coffee has also been shown to be effective for protection against degenerative diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s. These neurological conditions typically affect people above 65 years of age and so far, there is no known cure for them. But there are things you can do to delay the onset of such conditions; besides following a healthy diet and working out regularly, you can consider drinking coffee for its healthy benefits too. Likewise, coffee drinking can also lower risks of Parkinson’s disease by almost 32%-60%.
8. Did you also know that coffee can actually lift your spirits up when you are feeling low? Depression is something that should not be ignored because if left undetected or untreated, it can have disastrous consequences. According to a study at Harvard, it was reported that women drinking multiple cups of coffee every day had almost 20% lesser chances of suffering from depression.
9. Cancer is perhaps the leading cause of deaths worldwide and coffees seems to protect the human body against colorectal cancer and liver cancer. Reports indicate that regular coffee drinkers have almost 40% lower chances of developing liver cancer
10. While some people suggest that drinking coffee can be harmful as it heightens the blood pressure the truth is that the effects are quite marginal and they typically disappear for someone who is a regular coffee drinker. But, at the same time, for some individuals, the effects may linger and it is best to check if coffee is increasing your pressure levels. Likewise, coffee will reduce chances of strokes and heart problems.
11. Just like coffee promotes fat-burning, it can help you lose those unwanted pounds. For those of you out there who are keen to desperately lose some weight, make sure you drink coffee regularly, especially without sweeteners. When you can drink green coffee before a meal, the chlorogenic acid in it reacts with foods and checks the quantity of glucose synthesized.
12. Besides helping you shed extra weight, coffee can also suppress hunger pangs. When metabolism gets boosted and energy levels increased, hunger pangs become less frequent. But, it is best not to add sugar or artificial sweeteners when drinking your cuppa.
13. Who can deny coffee benefits for skin? While you cannot throw the sunscreen away, there are studies that show that coffee drinkers are less likely to get skin cancers. Coffee can reduce cellulite appearance by dilating blood vessels under our skin and boosting circulation. Besides, you can even apply coffee directly to the skin to reduce fine lines and sunspots. Since coffee provides niacin, it can help prevent non-melanoma cancers and other skin growths. The chlorogenic acid in coffee is linked to less hyperpigmentation and helps to check inflammation. The CGA also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and can help in acne treatment.
The benefits of coffee with milk are known to all and it is best to avoid low-fat creamers as these have processed ingredients. Instead, you can add full-fat creams to the coffee especially milk from grass-fed cows. This is healthier as milk contains key nutrients like calcium that can reduce the risks of bone fractures and osteoporosis. Besides, grass-fed cow milk has vitamin K that improves bone health.
How You Can Celebrate International Coffee Day?
1. The best way to celebrate International Coffee Day is obviously to take a coffee break from your hectic schedule. You will find that many cafés all over the world offer freebies and free coffees on this day; so, why not rush to those to enjoy a free drink?
2. You could even try to have a coffee-flavored yogurt at lunchtime or a coffee ice-cream for dessert to celebrate this day.
3. You could try and set up coffee dates with your coffee-lover buddies and enjoy quality time with them at your favorite café.
4. Many people like to join coffee-tasting events to know more about how to grow and brew coffees. Make sure you try a new flavor of coffee when you get the chance.
5. You could try to get some knowledge on coffees by reading through coffee blogs or sign up for a free subscription to get a taste of specialty coffees. Even if you do not have access to such varieties where you reside you can always opt for online coffee subscriptions to have them delivered to your door.
6. Finally, you can attend what is called a coffee cupping where earlier coffee professionals would rate coffees, but now these are places to get more information about coffees.
Best Coffee Brands That You Can Try
It is a Portland company that produces delicious whole-bean varieties of coffee and cold brew in bottles. You can try the most popular Hair Bender blend that has a unique flavor with a dash of rich fudge and sweet cherry. Other popular options are House Blend, Trapper Creek, and Holler Mountain.
This coffee can be bought online and has earned many awards for its quality. Its most popular blend is Frequency Blend that has a mix of dried fruit and chocolate. You can buy both whole-bean and ground varieties and there are mouthwatering options for instant, espresso, and decaf coffees.
This Company is perhaps the strongest coffee in the world; it is a dark blend that is flavorful and smooth, with cherry and dark chocolate. The Valhalla Java option is more affordable and less caffeinated.
It offers both draft lattes and cold brew and comes out with 7 light roasted options. The Java blend offers a mix of blackberry tea. Ginger snap, nougat, and the Columbia blend offer a mix of cherry soda, chocolate, and clementines.
This coffee brand offers an excellent mix of flavor and cost. While this brand may be a tad bit costlier than Maxwell House or Folgers, the taste is found to be better than these brands.
6. Mount Hagen
It is perhaps the best known instant coffee brand that may be more expensive than Nescafe or Folgers, but prices are still reasonable.
This brand offers multiple blends to suit the tastes of all; while there are varieties like Columbian Supremo and Italian Roast, there are also decaf varieties and flavored coffees.
It is known for being a single-origin coffee that comes with a far more concentrated taste. This Bay Area brand offers 8 signature varieties.
These are some of the most popular coffee brands in the market and with coupons from our website you can get them for even lower prices.